June 16, 2009

The Devil in the White City

Erik Larson, 2004
Chicago's World's Fair
sets the background for murder
and evil desires

I found this book on my Mom's shelf...unread. Which is good, because she can't even make it through the first 5 minutes of Law & Order. For the easily frightened, I would stick to Twilight. The best part about this book, is the insane amount of history surrounding this one place and time. It's amazing how little we know about our own country.

I was drawn to the eerie side of this book (I like thrills), but I think the other half, that contains information about the fair and the history surrounding it, was the part I really ended up enjoying. This book is what great non-fiction is all about. (PG-13)

My Goodreads Rating: 

1 comment:

  1. OK I just now discovered this blog...and I'm kind of excited. I needed some new books to read...SWEET!

    ReplyDelete