June 21, 2009

Harry Potter

J.K. Rowling, 1997
A magical world
of wizards and sorcery
took over the world

It was a few years after these books were published that I started becoming interested. My family was way into the craze, but I've never been super into fantasy. Once I started, though, I was hooked. It's just such an original concept, and I'm as easily pulled in as the next shmo. Plus, it's nice to feel like you're on the up-and-up.

I'm sure I'm not alone when I say that I feel like I know these characters personally. My absolute favorite would have to be Snape, but I will admit to having a crush on Ron (and Rupert Grint) as I'm hopelessly devoted to all red-haired men. (PG)

My Goodreads Rating: 

2 comments:

  1. I bought this book when it was released because there was actual metallic stuff on the cover and you could see that the artist used pastels... I also like the paper quality. I was indeed judging this book by its cover. I was also in the 9th grade.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's what 9th grade's all about. Loving "Extremely Loud"! Thanks for the head's up!

    ReplyDelete