June 20, 2009

Jurassic Park

Michael Crichton, 1990
A secret island
where dinosaurs roam freely
is out of control

I was in 5th grade when this movie came out in theaters. I remember it specifically because my dad got off work early one day, pulled us out of school, and took us to see it. Probably the first PG-13 movie I'd seen in a theater, it scared me to death. I had to walk out during the part where the lawyer's getting eaten on the toilet. Everything looked so realistic! Actually, I think it still looks realistic, even compared to current industry standards.

It's pretty much a combination of the 1st and 3rd movies, so there's quite a bit of action going on. Ian Malcolm is still my favorite character by far, and the kids are still pretty annoying. Only one problem: I like learning as much as the next peep, but I think it's a little over-the-top for someone to stop, mid-dino attack, and explain a scientific concept. (PG-13)

My Goodreads Rating: 

No comments:

Comments are like cookies for my soul