June 18, 2009

Twilight

Stephenie Meyer, 2005
Bella confronts her
attraction for Edward and
Jacob's devotion

I'm learning to conform. It seems like every female living has read this book. I know there are still groups of elitists out there who refuse to even admit that these books exist, but I decided it was time to drop the act, and just enjoy them for what they are: fiction. (My friend, Jennifer, actually harassed me on a daily basis until I'd finished all four books in the series.)

The name Stephenie Meyer has become synonymous with overnight success, and it's easy to see why: her books are fun. Though not really my cup of tea, it's an entertaining, engrossing story that continues to interest readers of all ages. It seriously is insane how many copies have been sold. I have one word for Stephenie Meyer: Dude. (PG-13)

My Goodreads Rating: 

3 comments:

  1. Ah, you know I had to comment on this one. I totally agree with your comment to "enjoy them for what they are:fiction", because when you try to go beyond that you end up sounding like a nutcase.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stephen King said it best:

    "Both Rowling and Meyer, they're speaking directly to young people...The real difference is that Jo Rowling is a terrific writer and Stephanie Meyer can't write worth a darn. She's not very good."

    Meeoow!

    But seriously:

    http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/08/21/stephanie-meyer-sued-for-plagiarism/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Correction:
    http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/08/21/stephenie-meyer-sued-for-plagiarism/

    ReplyDelete