September 29, 2009

How to Win Friends & Influence People

Dale Carnegie, 1936
Tips and advice on
getting people to do what
you want them to do

When my dad was serving as a missionary in Santiago, Chile, he got called to work in the mission office. His desk had been cleaned out, except for a book that was left in a drawer. He read this book, and it changed his life. I know what you're thinking, but it was actually How to Win Friends & Influence People. According to legend (a.k.a. stories my dad tells), this book helped my father to befriend several Chilean government officials in the late 1970's.

The copy my dad found in the desk in Chile is sitting on a bookshelf in the front room of my apartment. It is missing the cover now and the stories inside are severely dated, but the message is the same: To get people to like you, you've got to be likeable. (I know a lot of people who need to read this book.) (PG)

My Goodreads Rating: 

No comments:

Comments are like cookies for my soul