December 21, 2009

Batman: Hush

Jeph Loeb & Jim Lee, 2009
The Caped Crusader
struggles with betrayal and
feline emotions

I didn't find out what a graphic novel was until college. (Thanks goes to Mike Laughead for showing me Maus, which is still on my to-read list.) There are multiple interpretations about the difference between graphic novels and comic books, but let's just say that graphic novels tend to have complete stories, instead of smaller installments, and they usually deal with more serious themes.

The only reason I'm classifying Hush as a graphic novel is because it is a collection of monthly installments published in one book. And that's what Kurt calls it. Otherwise, I would just say comic book. Let's call it a Comic Novel. It was a rewarding experience for me; all the familiar characters, plus some new ones, a little bat on cat action, and Jim Lee's incredible artwork. (PG-13)

My Goodreads Rating: 

1 comment:

  1. I'm not a fan of Jim Lee's artwork, but this story was interesting. I recommend Batman: Year One and Batman: The Dark Knight Returns for the best Batman books.

    Also, you should read MAUS. You are dumb if you don't.

    ReplyDelete