December 21, 2009

Catching Fire

Suzanne Collins, 2009
Katniss and Peeta
find their families and friends
in grave jeopardy

By the time I was one chapter into The Hunger Games, I was already wishing the second book in the series was published. Kurt felt the same way. (I got him to read it a few months after I did.) We bought this book within a few days of its release, and I've had several co-workers start this series at my suggestion. Of course they're all upset that the third book won't be out for a while, but they'll live.

That's one of the things I like about this series: I feel like pretty much anyone would like it, if not find it mildly entertaining. I still love the delivery in present tense, and think the characters and the world that they live in are one-of-a-kind. I'm still not sure if I prefer Peeta to Gale, but I'll wait and see how the third book goes. The third book in the series (not yet titled) is set for release in August 2010. (PG-13)

My Goodreads Rating: 

1 comment:

  1. I'm excited about this. The first one was great. I can't wait to read this one.

    ReplyDelete