May 1, 2010

Ballistics

Billy Collins, 2008
If you have not read
any poetry by him
you need a spanking

Lately I noticed a common theme: birds. I just picked up on it while reading this last collection, where several poems mention our feathered friends, and then also discovered a collection published just last year titled Bright Wings: An Illustrated Anthology of Poems About Birds. It seems my suspicions were right on the money. I also noticed a few racy word choices in this latest collection. I hope we don't get an illustrated anthology of those...

With that in mind, I'll give you a list of my favorites that you can look up. I know there are places you can find these on the internet, but I'm not going to offer hyperlinks because I think you should spend a few bucks to have these in hard copy. In no specific order: August in Paris, The Four-Moon Planet, Evasive Maneuvers, Ballistics, Hippos on Holiday, The Effort, China, On the Death of a Next-Door Neighbor, Baby Listening, Bathtub Families, Divorce, This Little Piggy Went to Market, The Breather, and Oh, My God!. (PG-13)

My Goodreads Rating: 

No comments:

Comments are like cookies for my soul