February 16, 2010

The Little Prince

Antoine de Saint-Exupèry, 1943
A young visitor
from another planet finds
what true friendship means

I knew I'd heard of this book before, but I couldn't remember where until two of my co-workers saw me in the break room reading it and said, "Oh...Le Petit Prince!" French class. That explained the confusion. I think the majority of the plot was lost in translation. It was kind of funny and clever at first, but then after a few pages, it just kept getting weirder and weirder. And weirder.

I don't even know if 'weirder' is a word. Probably more correct to say 'more weird', but I never claimed to be more correct. (Just correct most of the time.) With all the princes and kings and planets in this story, I was reminded of a slightly odd video game called Beautiful Katamari. See, even the video game it resembles is weird. There's really no easy way to say this. I have no idea what this story was about. (G)

My Goodreads Rating: 

No comments:

Comments are like cookies for my soul