April 1, 2013

The Bourne Identity

Robert Ludlum, 1980
Jason (or is he...)
struggles with memory loss
and with his purpose

This was another book that I'd started years ago and never finished (right around the time the Matt Damon film came out). I finally broke down in the Houston airport last year and and bought another copy (who knows where the first one went...). After trying a second time, I now remember why I never got very far in the first place.

Something about this drags. It seems like it would be fast-paced, I know, but I had a hard time following the spy lingo, and an even harder time believing Jason & Marie's "relationship". (It's in quotes cause it's a bunch of malarkey.) She falls for him after he saves her life, but logically, he's the reason she nearly died in the first place. I haven't heard of Stockholm Syndrome presenting in the first 24 hours before. (PG-13)

My Goodreads Rating: 

8 comments:

  1. Oh, bummer! I wanted to read these, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I love the movies. But my favorite part of the first film is Marie and she's completely different from the book.

      Delete
  2. I think you should visit the Houston airport again (and me.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deal! Now we just have to find someone to pay for it...

      Delete
  3. A Courtney/Jen friendship sponsor shouldn't be too hard to come by, right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in the same boat, except I still have finished it and probably never will.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops, have *not* finished it

      Delete
    2. I'm sure you'll survive the loss.

      Delete